Needlework, Finishing, Designing, Quilting, Some Discoveries and Adventures in Stitching from Windy Ridge Designs

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Emma's Pink Pleather Pants



A few weeks ago I was going through Joann's and checked out the remnant bin. There was a roll of this hot pink, shiny fabric. I checked the label and it said "Pleather". Instantly I saw in my head my little 2-1/2 year granddaughter in pink pleather pants. Then I looked through the bin further and found a roll of pre-quilted fabric that was a print in pink, purple, green and gold. Held it next to the hot pink pleather and went "Wow, there's a jacket in there too!" Both went home with me for a cost of less than $5. I already had the pattern at home that I intended to use; I'd used it a couple months ago to make her a jumper (will have to post that picture too, come to think of it). Now the pleather pants and quilted jacket are packed up in a Priority Mail box to be sent off to Emma. Seattle's weather is going into the 50's, my son tells me - should be just the right weather for hot pink pleather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear what you've got to say! Unless you're the spammer who keeps commenting anonymously - then thanks, but no thanks, I'm not interested - and your comments just get deleted anyway.