Needlework, Finishing, Designing, Quilting, Some Discoveries and Adventures in Stitching from Windy Ridge Designs

Monday, June 22, 2009

First Time Rug Hooking

Last summer I took a class with Susan Feller at her idyllic place in the mountains. I thought she was an excellent teacher - hands off enough to let you feel like you were actually doing something yourself - and hovering enough to make sure you were actually getting it. The project she started us with was four coasters. I nearly finished the first one while I was there. Came home and let things sit until March/April when I decided to finally finish them. Now I'm in the process of finishing the edges. One down; maybe I'll be done by next March/April?


1 comment:

  1. Katherine I appreciate your kind comments on my instructing process. Looks like you worked up the mats with good variety. Any more projects since in rughooking? visit www.Artwools.com for more West Virginia fiber experiences. Susan Feller

    ReplyDelete

Can't wait to hear what you've got to say! Unless you're the spammer who keeps commenting anonymously - then thanks, but no thanks, I'm not interested - and your comments just get deleted anyway.