Needlework, Finishing, Designing, Quilting, Some Discoveries and Adventures in Stitching from Windy Ridge Designs

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Prairie Schooler - Red Sky


This also from the "Weatherwise" booklet, number 145. I changed the linen from lambswool to blue. I did change the wording slightly. My father was a WWII Navy man and taught it to me this way when I was very young. It would have driven me crazy to have it any other way. There are three more to do waiting in my cabinet drawer - Booklet 144 "A Farmer's Almanac" and Booklet 139 "Rain, Rain, Go Away". They are all being done on blue linen. I will then frame them all in the same black frames. I have a long, narrow window over my front door and plan to hang the series over that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear what you've got to say! Unless you're the spammer who keeps commenting anonymously - then thanks, but no thanks, I'm not interested - and your comments just get deleted anyway.