Needlework, Finishing, Designing, Quilting, Some Discoveries and Adventures in Stitching from Windy Ridge Designs

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Another Old Thing


Seeing the ornament on Vonna's website reminded me of this piece. It did it from Cross Stitch and Country Crafts back in the early 90's, I think. It just looked so magical to me. I framed it myself too; from molding, as a matter of fact. Not a bad job making the frame, but I did a bad job of getting the piece on the mounting board - as you can see from the top, it's not exactly square. But I was a newbie at crafting back then. Just getting it to the point I did was a hug accomplishment for me back then. It's nice to see how far I've come. I pull this out every Christmas and put it somewhere. This year it's keeping company with the holiday cards - old and new - on the buffet in the dining room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear what you've got to say! Unless you're the spammer who keeps commenting anonymously - then thanks, but no thanks, I'm not interested - and your comments just get deleted anyway.