After doing the July block of AotH I got back to working on Lizzie Kate's Christmas Rules. And I'm DONE! This is a good thing because that project was starting to bore me; I think mostly because I wasn't a big fan of the colors (I don't particularly like pink). So, here's the finished product:
|The whole piece|
Next I started back on The Chase sampler. I finished the bottom section of crewel work. First picture is across the whole bottom followed by two pictures of the left and right so you can see more detail.
I have now moved up to work on the two urns filled with flowers. I've been working on this since last Sunday, finishing the bottom and starting the urn. The urn work began on Friday. By the time I finish it tonite, it will have taken me three days just to do this one urn. I think I'll do the other one and then put The Chase aside for another project later this week. Once I finish the urns, then I have the flowers to do and then a final bit of cross and straight stitches on the sides to finish the whole project up. I'm estimating I'll be done in October.
I have also been working on several things for clients. One was a punch rug pattern from an antique that was found at an auction. I've also been working on that oriental-style quilt wall-hanging. After more than 30 hours, I have the top done. I have to take it to show her this coming week and we'll discuss the actual quilting that I'll have done on it. One of the things I have to do this weekend is search the internet for oriental-style quilting patterns. Wish me luck! I'll have a picture of the quilt top soon - I'm really quite happy with how it came out. Hope you enjoyed!