Needlework, Finishing, Designing, Quilting, Some Discoveries and Adventures in Stitching from Windy Ridge Designs

Friday, October 23, 2009

Table Runner



I love doing things with remnants. I reminded myself earlier this year that I was going to need some more seasonal table runners. I have to put them out on all my tables around the house to protect them from men (i.e., everyone else in my house but me) who put wet things down on wooden furniture. So, hit the jackpot with this 9 inch wide remnant at Joann's. Knew it would be perfect for a table runner. Slapped it together with remnants of quilt batting and some fabric I had on hand for the backing (the same as the gold binding); machine quilted it (see detail picture) and put the binding on. Viola!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't wait to hear what you've got to say! Unless you're the spammer who keeps commenting anonymously - then thanks, but no thanks, I'm not interested - and your comments just get deleted anyway.