Needlework, Finishing, Designing, Quilting, Some Discoveries and Adventures in Stitching from Windy Ridge Designs

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Last Batch of Kris Kringles are Done

The Kris Kringles I've been stitching up on the small bits of fabric are finally done.  I did two of the designs over again.  Here they all are again - - -


 Not keen on this one - it's pretty boring with Santa just holding that darn tree; may add some beads or something to spruce him up.


 I call this one Santa of the Birds - he was supposed to have something else on top of his staff, but I added a goldfinch instead.


 This is Santa of the Geese and is done on patterned linen.


 First Santa of the Nutcrackers I did was using WDW - Ladybug as the red.  Not too sure about the result, so, I did it again . . .


 This time using WDW - Liberty.  I also changed the top of this staff to be a miniature nutcracker!


 This is Santa of the Robins.  He's also done on a patterned linen.


 Santa of the Swans.  Pretty sure I stuck to a DMC color here for the blue.  In fact, in most cases, I used DMC colors - but changed them all from the Prairie Schooler selections that contain a gray haze to more pure colors.  Still have the same feel.


This is Santa of the Sweaters (to differentiate him from Santa of the Birds); shows what the original staff looked like.  I really liked the pattern on his robe.  Haven't completely decided how I'm going to finish these, but I'm thinking oval shapes.  We'll see how it works out.  I've moved on to stitching Brooke's Books "Spirit of America"; saving my AotH to begin between Christmas and New Year's.

4 comments:

  1. Aren't they fun? I like the ones with the fairisle robes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Santa's! I think my favorite is Santa of the Sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love Santa of the Geese.... wonder what they get in their 'stockings'?

    ReplyDelete

Can't wait to hear what you've got to say! Unless you're the spammer who keeps commenting anonymously - then thanks, but no thanks, I'm not interested - and your comments just get deleted anyway.