Needlework, Finishing, Designing, Quilting, Some Discoveries and Adventures in Stitching from Windy Ridge Designs

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Progress on Christmas Rules

This week I'm working on Christmas Rules by Lizzie Kate. 


I am doing all the charts (Double Flips?) on one piece of Country French "Cafe Au Lait" linen; 32 count; by Wichelt.  There are 12 "Rules".  The designer offers a freebie on her website of the top chart if you're doing it all as one.  She also came out with a "last minute" chart in December that was a limited edition called "Jingle All the Way".  I'm going to add it to the bottom of this as the 13th Rule.  I was inspired to do this by  Edgar who showed the one he completed on his blog at Christmastime.

Behind you can see the lovely DMC shop box that a friend of mine picked up for me at an auction.  I have two stacked, one on top of the other, all chock full of thread goodies.  Then a small table lamp up on top of that.  It provides great light for me to work with.

Brooke's Books is doing a stitch challenge on Yahoo.  It looks intriguing.  Check it out; it's called Winter House Challenge - I signed up for it today!

Also, would like to let you know that Nordic Needle now has their Winter 2011 catalog online for you to see in PDF file format.  Click on the link - when the page opens, look on the right hand side, third block down - click on the catalog/pdf block.  It takes a minute or so to download, but you can save it to your computer and drool over all the wonderful stuff they have.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice looking WIP! I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start, they are going to look lovely together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice progress! I saw Sara in Italy's finish of these--she had them stitched individually and finished as ornaments. Both ways look so nice! I'm hoping to do more seasonal stitching this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admired Edgar's Christmas rules too! Love the floss box! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas Rules is looking just great and I love the way you photographed it!

    ReplyDelete

Can't wait to hear what you've got to say! Unless you're the spammer who keeps commenting anonymously - then thanks, but no thanks, I'm not interested - and your comments just get deleted anyway.