Needlework, Finishing, Designing, Quilting, Some Discoveries and Adventures in Stitching from Windy Ridge Designs

Monday, January 17, 2011

This Weeks Progress on AotH January and PS Spring



Here's January's block of the BBD Anniversaries of the Heart series done.  The reason I did my initials the way I did will become more clear as I finish more blocks. 

As mentioned by Glenna - we should all be mindful of our identities.  That's why I'm just a woman of a certain age and I don't every publish my exact birthdate.  You'll just have to trust me that I was born in the last century.
Here's Prairie Schooler's Country Year - Spring.  It's stitched on 28 count Lakeside "Pearled Barley".  Nice fabric.  I will finish this up in a trice. 

Been doing lots of work for the historical society, mostly organizational stuff, but have also been having a little bit of fun with glass negatives and my NEW scanner - a Christmas present from the hubbie!

I've begun working on my third goal for the year which is Christmas Rules by Lizzie Kate.  I have a progress pic in the camera - or the computer - somewhere!  But, it's late and I need to go to  bed since I've been up since 4AM!  Gotta get some shut-eye.  Hopefully progress pic will be up sometime this week.  Hope you enjoyed!

6 comments:

  1. Your January BBD Anniversaries of the heart is gorgeous - Great finish !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color change on BBD Anniversaries for Jan.

    Great finishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. The BBD came out beautifully. Congratulations on a great finish

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you've personalized the January BBD! Great job. Love the PS, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, i came via Siobhan's blog :-)

    I was very interested to read your post on 'about me' photos on blogs. I'm afraid i was one of those that used a photo of cats, until last week when i was brave enough to change it to the real me! i hate having my photo took, my nose always looks crooked and my smile looks like a grimice, lol, but i thought what the hell, i'll go for it. Intersting to see why people choose not to go for there own photo.

    Love your stitching, i have become a follower so will visit you again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice stitching. I look forward to seeing more of Anniversaries, and the Prairie Schooler piece is so pretty! Christmas rules is a nice one too! Will we get a picture soon?

    ReplyDelete

Can't wait to hear what you've got to say! Unless you're the spammer who keeps commenting anonymously - then thanks, but no thanks, I'm not interested - and your comments just get deleted anyway.